SEVEN SISTERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FESTIVAL IS HELD ON THE TRADITIONAL LANDS OF THE BOON WURRUNG PEOPLE, IN THE KULIN NATION
Seven Sisters Festival welcomes all women, including: all people who identify as women, women of diverse backgrounds, women of diverse genders and sexes, women of diverse sexualities, women of diverse cultures, beliefs and religions, and women of different abilities.
WELCOME TO SEVEN SISTERS FESTIVAL 2017
Dear wonderous woman!
We are delighted to have you join us for Seven Sisters Festival 2017.
We have prepared some basic information below to ensure you come prepared and have the best possible stay.
Please prepare yourself for all conditions. The nights can be quite cold! So be sure to bring extra blankets. The festival will continue rain, hail or shine however the site is equipped with many halls and shelters to ensure your stay is comfortable in all manners of weather.
Throughout the festival grounds you will find –
- Established Toilet blocks with
- Hot showers ( best to shower during the day to lessen morning ques)
- Flushing toilets
- Water taps (all with clean drinking water) scattered throughout the campgrounds
- Additional Portaloos
- A number of Communal Camp fires accompanied by fire wardens (TBC)
- ATM facilities
- Numerous coffee vendors
- Phone charging station at Information tent
- Lost property services at information tent
- 24 hour first aid services
- Ice bags for sale for your eskies (available at Magic Mixer stall on oval)
- A variety of delicious food and beverage vendors (see website for available menus) – we do cater for vegans, paleo and various eating requirements.
- Support, information and counseling services at the Information Tent and Healing Haven Village
- A variety of retreat spaces including a maiden’s lounge, a mums & bubs sanctuary and a red tent – read more on the website
WHAT WE CAN NOT PROVIDE
Due to our strict safety policy and OH&S legislation, and the sheer number of guests we cannot provide cooking or fridge facilities.
We have a complete fire ban this year, so we ask for your caution
We respectfully ask also that you adhere to the following:
- No fires, pyrotechnics, firecrackers, sparklers or flares
- No gas stoves or candles
- No dogs
or pets (guide dogs are an exception)
- No drugs or alcohol
- Observe the specified Gate opening and closing times
- Wear the official festival wristband at all times
- Respect Scout Victoria’s Policy of no FULL nudity on scout premises
- Wear appropriate footwear on the festival site at all times
WHAT TO BRING
- Yoga mat
- Notebook and pen
- Mug, plate & cutlery
- Sheets, pillow, sleeping gear, if bunking
- Tent, pillow and sleeping gear, if camping
- Towel and personal toiletries for showers
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen, hat and mosquito repellent
- Cash for food, chai, cakes, market stalls (there is an ATM on site if required)
- Loose clothing for yoga and workshops and warm clothes for the evenings
- An open mind and heart
DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
BAY PARK, 60 Hearn Rd, Mount Martha
- The Festival Entrance and Exit Gate is on Park Rd – this is a dirt track road, which can be entered from Hearn Rd but please ensure you travel slowly
IMPORTANT TRAFFIC CONSIDERATIONS
- Onsite there is a one-way stream of traffic flow only
ARRIVAL AND TICKETS
- Gates open at 6:00am on Friday 3rd of March
- The festival ends at 5:15pm on the Sunday 5th March
- Please bring a printout of your ticket
- It is the scan code on the ticket which is important not the ticket name
- You will be given a basic program on arrival (included in your ticket price) this is smaller than previous years, as we have reduced the ticket price by $30 and we wish to further reduce paper waste. We ask that you read the website prior to take note of workshop offerings. They will also be listed out the front of workshop spaces
EARLY BIRD CAMPING:
- You have the option to arrive and get set up a night early – gates open at 4pm- 10pm strict
- $25 site camping fee and $50 cabins (if you already have one)
- Please book online – https://events.ticketbooth.com.au/event/SSFaccommodation
- Food vendors and some market stalls will be open and music will be playing in the chai tent
- A great option for those who wish to extend their Seven Sisters Festival experience and get a great camping spot!
BAY PARK- SCOUT CAMP
60 Hearn Rd, Mount Martha
Festival entrance is 3 kilometers down Park Road which is a dirt track rd that exits off Hearn Rd.
ARRIVING FROM NEPEAN HWY
- Turn into Hopetown rd
- Then immediately tur.n left into Forest drive continue for 4 kilometers
- Turn right at Hearn rd
- Turn left at Park Rd
ARRIVING FROM THE BEACH ESPLANADE
- Turn onto Hearn Rd
- Left at Park Rd
CAMPING AND PARKING:
- DAY PARKING – Near main gate entrance
- Guests are welcome to camp next to their cars and or sleep in their cars
- You can set your tent up anywhere within the designated camp grounds as there are no size limits – first in, first served
- Those guests who are staying in cabins or glamping tents are required to park in the designated areas and can carry their bags to their tents/cabins as there are no cars allowed within the festival perimeter this year so we cannot allow drop offs
- Car Levy – There is a one-off $10 car levy for the 4 days to encourage carpooling, reduce environmental impact and reduce the number of cars onsite so please do your best to carpool. There is an additional $10 for caravans.
- Your car levy acts as your car pass and you are able to enter and exit as you choose within gate times listed
CEREMONIES & WELCOME TO COUNTRY an official Welcome to Country will be held by Arweet Carolyn, respected Senior Elder of the Boon Wurrung People of the Kulin Nation. Arweet Carolyn will also conduct a smoking ceremony, an ancient custom among indigenous Australians that involves burning various native plants to produce smoke, which is believed to have cleansing properties. Experience this on the oval at 6:00pm Friday. Arweet Carolyn has requested complete silence for these ceremonies.
- The Opening Ceremony is held at 6:00pm on Friday
- The Closing Ceremony at 4:45-5:15pm on Sunday
FOR CABIN AND GLAMPING GUESTS
There will be a name list on the cabin door and a labeled site map at the Glamping Village, in addition to helpful volunteers to direct you to your room or tent. Please take care of your valuables, there are no locks available for cabins or tents so please carry your personal items with you or lock them in your car.
Any concerns please contact the information tent.
All cabins are equipped with power points however guests must bring pillows, sheets and blankets.
Dependent on your glamping option, please seek information from UNDERSKY Camp Services. Please contact Carla on the details below
M| 0451 119 116
MAPS: Will be given to you on arrival. Please note our Map of the Festival grounds/ traffic flow and the map of our Festival center
TO ALL THE EARLY BIRDS & THOSE WHO LOVE THE FESTIVAL
- We have 100 special priced tickets available onsite for the 2018 Event
- Held March 4-6th 2018 – Mount Martha
- Never to be repeated price-$180 – Full ( $170 cash) & $100- Maiden ( $90 Cash)
- Standard early bird price is $237 & $150 for maidens – so be sure to take advantage of this special offer to save over $50.
Please look at website’s FAQ for answers to any other queries before emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for answers.
Our Seven Sisters team awaits you with open arms and hearts and we ask you to join us in setting your intentions to create a warm, welcoming and transformative weekend for all.
“When women gather – great things will happen”
We look forward to seeing you all very soon!
The Blissfully Busy Seven Sisters Team