Healer & Reader Application
SHARE YOUR HEALINGS & READINGS
Share your Healing or Reading gifts to a captive audience and be a part of an amazing space that offers our guests a place to be nourished.
Seven Sisters Festival is a 3 day women’s wellbeing festival held in the beautiful grounds of Bay Park, Mt Martha.
Apart from the hundreds of workshops focused on health and well being, we offer a wide range of performance, art, healing, markets and other interactive activities.
Share your amazing gifts and contribute to a festival that delights, inspires and connects women.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DATES
|TYPE||Healers And Readers|
|OPEN||9am, Tues 1st Oct 2019|
|CLOSING||5pm, Sun 1st Dec 2019|
|NOTIFICATION||Fri 13th Dec 2019|
PLEASE NOTE: You will be alerted to your application success on Friday 13th December 2019, via email & text message – if successful you have up to 78 hours to accept, or your application will be forfeit.
NEW HEALING HAVEN APPLICAITON PROCEDURE
1. APPLY – applications open 1st Oct – 5pm, 1st Dec
2. NOTIFICATION – Fri 13th Dec we’ll let you know if you’ve been accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to an increase in applications and the need to diversify modalities the selection process has changed and you will not be automatically accepted, however 90% of applications are successful.
3. ACCEPT & BUY YOUR TICKET – you’ll need to accept your place as a healer or reader within 78 hours & you’ll be sent a link to purchase a Healer or Reader ticket by 30th Dec.
4. SHIFT SCHEDULE – will be released January. PLEASE NOTE: You will not be allocated shifts if you have not purchased a healer or reader ticket.
changes to the Healing Haven 2020
- Same smooth processes as 2019 – if it works why change it right?!
- No shifts back to back in timing – more time in between to set up and back down for healers and readers.
- Diversity in offerings – we have found that having a lot of the same modality means less bookings. Feedback has also been that consultations are a less popular option. We’ll be seeking more body workers (specifically massage), and generally more diversity in modalities.
- More information displayed for guests including information on practitioners.
Healer Important Information & FAQ’s
- HOW IT WORKS
- INSURANCE – HEALERS ONLY
- WHERE TO GET INSURANCE?
- WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- CAN I HAVE MY OWN STALL?
- HEALERS HAVE 2 OPTIONS
- We accept all forms of therapists and readers ie. Naturopaths, Massage Therapists, Osteopaths, Astrologist, Physic
- We provide a sheltered space to work with massage tables, tables and chairs and area managers
- Practitioners must bring their own equipment – cards, oils, towels or other supplies needed for their consultations
- Healers must have insurance that covered the modality they wish to offer. Readers do not need insurance.
- Healers and Readers work for a total of 5 hours over 2 x 2.5 hour shifts NOTE: More shifts often become available and these will be offered via email, first in first served.
- You are requested to consult or treat a total of 10 women
- Treatments/reading sessions go for 25mins with a 5min break for change over
- You are asked to check in to the Healing Haven on arrival to the festival so that we know you’re on site (Thursday evening or Friday morning), then 30mins prior to your first shift for a briefing, and 15mins prior to all subsequent shifts.
- Sessions are by donation ( $15-20 suggested minimum) and occur directly between therapists and guests.
- Upon notification of your success, you will have 78 hours to confirm your place, and two weeks to purchase your discounted healer/reader ticket for $200.
- You MUST have a purchased ticket to be scheduled shifts.
- Post completion of your shifts you will be reimbursed $120 into your bank account/credit card a fortnight after the festival. $80 will be kept to cover camping fee, festival booklet and administration fees.
- Donations onsite occur between client and therapists- suggested donation per session is $15-20 minimum and 100% are yours to keep.
The minimum cover required for acceptance should be
- Public Liability should be $5M and
- Professional Indemnity should be $1M.
NOTE: Healers insurance MUST name the modality you wish to offer.
- Cancelled before scheduling -100% refund
- Cancelled 6 weeks prior to festival – 50% refund
- No show or cancelled within 6 weeks of the festival commencement date – 0% refund
- A very cheap festival ticket for $80
- Ability to receive cash donations for your work (suggested donation $15-20 per session)
- Exposure to new clients and the opportunity to promote your work, so please ensure you bring business cards as they are often requested
- Opportunity to share your skills and gifts to a grateful audience
- Enjoy the magic of the Seven Sisters three-day festival
- Yes! You can apply to be a part of the Healing Pamper Market. We will also host a healing haven market stall area with health, beauty & pamper stalls – where you can skip queues and pay full price for a treatment if you wish
- Host and manage your own stall, dictate your own fees and appointment times and run it your way! Standard market stall fee and conditions apply. Please read more & apply here https://sevensistersfestival.com/apply/healing-stall/
- Join the healing haven community and let us manage the space, bookings and times for you. Treat only for 5 hrs and have the rest of the 3 day festival to enjoy. See details below.
PLEASE NOTE: INSURANCE (Healers Only)
All Therapists must have public liability insurance, covering your specific modality, to partake in the festival. Insurance must be uploaded with your application form.
Please label with your full name. ie. JennyFosterHealersInsurance2020
**In case of technical difficulties, save your application in a word document as back up.**
Questions? Please contact
Healer & Reader Applications Open 1st Oct
HEALERS APPLICATIONS OPEN 1ST OCT
READERS APPLICATIONS OPEN 1ST OCT