Presenter Application Form
SHARE YOUR WISDOM & EXPERTISE
Seven Sisters awaits you
Seven Sisters Festival is a 3 day women’s wellbeing festival held in the beautiful grounds of Bay Park, Mt Martha.
Apart from the hundreds of workshops focused on health and well being, we offer a wide range of performance, art, healing, markets and other interactive activities.
Share your wisdom and expertise, to delight, inspire and connect with the women of Seven Sisters Festival.
Thurs 12th – Sun 15th of March 2020 – Mt Martha, VIC
important APPLICATION dates
|Presenters||14th June||14th August||30th September|
PLEASE NOTE: You will be alerted to your applications success on Monday 30th September 2019, via email and text message – if successful you have up to 72 hours to accept, or your application will be forfeit.
Presenter Important Information
HOW IT WORKS
There are 9 workshop spaces offering a full timetable of workshops
over the 3 days of the festival.
Click below to read about each space and what area your work may best suit to:
- ARTS & CRAFTS
- CIRCLE OF STONES
- THE HUB
- LIFE SKILLS
- MAIDENS SPACE
- SACRED SPACE
- RITUAL SPACE
- WOMENS CIRCLES
ARTS & CRAFTS –
- Craft workshops run for an 8 hour block once over the weekend.
- 2 room facilitators will be present throughout the day to assist you.
- A budget of $500 for materials & 4 FREE facilitator tickets
- 2 Facilitators must be present at any one time
- Activities must be simple and affordable
- Activities ideally will be able to be created within an hour.
- A 15 minute briefing on the hour is required and then assistants if required
- You will have a large number of guests dropping into and out of your workshop.
- Laminated handouts and activities which guests can share and teach each other are ideal.
- Can accommodate up to 500 participants across a day
BODYWISE – Appropriate for all kinds of workshops that require space for free movement. Open to dance, drumming, Qi gong, movement practises and yoga
( 1hr workshop- run 3 times)
CIRCLE OF STONES – 1.5 hour intimate group workshops and presentations on all topics.
THE HUB – Main stage- 1 hour sound healing, singing and keynote presentations
LIFE SKILLS – Open for all topic from relationships, health to business .
Please share your wisdom, knowledge and expertise!
- 30 minute Ted Style Talks will run 3 times over the weekend.
- Talks will be filmed on 1 of the days, to be made available to broader audiences as an online festival.
MAIDENS SPACE – 1 hour teen-specific workshops and activities
To be run 1-3 times over the weekend
SACRED SPACE – Women’s mysteries and life’s milestones
(1.5hr workshop- run 2-3 times over the weekend)
RITUAL SPACE – Prayer, reflection and ritual
(1.5hr workshop- run 2-3 times over the weekend)
WOMENS CIRCLES – Women’s discussion and meditation circles
(1.5 hour workshop run 2-3 times over the weekend)
“The festival has been one of the best marketing opportunities for my business. For $120 there has been no comparable action that has boosted my profile, awareness of my business, secured new clients and even gigs in other towns and states. Not to mention I had a great weekend. You must experience it!”
PRESENTER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Over 300 applications were received last year. Please take heed of our key selection criteria to increase your chances of success. If you have any further questions, please contact our presenter manager Mary Soderiou via email: Mary@sevensistersfestival.com
Presenters can make requests of the festival, however this MUST be included in the INITIAL application and will be taken into account during selection and cannot be changed later.
Payment goes towards administration, marketing and management, as well as securing your commitment and seriousness in attending the event.
- $120 for a presenters tickets
- $0 for presenters involved in additional aspects of the festival (performance, market stall etc) or presenter’s offering Arts & Craft workshops as a way to further compensate craft material costs)
- Please read and edit your application thoroughly as your biography, workshop description and photos will be used directly on the website and promotional material. Changes will not be made to this original format or photo, so please read and select carefully.
- Please be specific if you have requirements in regards to transport, food and accommodation. Also kindly let us know if you can or cannot present on a certain day or time.
- Please note that participants will not be able to ask for compensation for requirements that they have not sent through in their online application. These late requests will not be considered.
- New and interesting content or important fundamentals delivered in an innovative way
- A clearly articulated and realistic description of what you propose to do in the time slot
- A quality image/photo/video to represent your work
- Experience in your field as well as experience with presenting to large groups
- Websites, youtube videos or links to specific works
- Content that relates specifically to one of our designated spaces
- One of the best promotional opportunities for you and your business for $120
- Build status and professional reputation
- A guaranteed large audience
- An exceptional opportunity to network
- Be exposed to over 3000 women and over 40,000 that access the SSF website, social media platforms, mailing lists and promotional materials
- Ability to distribute flyers/ cards or sell books or products post workshop
- Exposure to new clients and to promote your work (please bring your business cards as they are often requested)
- To contribute to this gathering and to share your skills and gifts to a grateful audience
- Enjoy all the wonders of the rest of the festival
PLEASE NOTE : We are not allowing follow-up workshops, or part 1 or 2. If you wish to run 2 workshops you must apply twice.
Presenters must be prepared to host a presentation for up to 400 people, a workshop for up to 200 people or a women’s circle of 30.
Frequently asked questions
- Q: How do I know my application has been successfully submitted?
- Q: Can I have an assistant?
- Q: Does my assistant and co-facilitator have to also pay for a presenter's ticket?
A: Once you have submitted your application you will receive an on-screen success message. Please note if you do not receive this message your applications has not gone through and you must re-apply.
A: We only accept assistants for experiential workshops to help assist presenters with guests. All workshop spaces will have space guardian staff who are there to help all presenters to set up and pack down guests.
A: Yes, you each pay for a ticket.
You must upload a photo of correct resolution- 1-5MB = 1000KB-5000KB minimum.
You will receive a text message on September 30th.
You have 72hrs to accept your position otherwise it will be forfeit.
Also note: Late withdrawal 28 days prior to the festival or absence of attendance to a workshop will result in a loss of a ticket.