Thank you for your interest in applying to volunteer at
Seven Sisters Festival 2020 – an exciting explosion of feminine power and creativity.
We are excited to invite you to be part of the crew for this unique event; the largest gathering of women in the southern hemisphere. Join us Thursday 12th–Sunday 15th March 2020
Inspire others and in turn be inspired.
Seven Sisters Festival is a three day festival held in beautiful Mount Martha. Apart from the hundreds of workshops focused on health and wellbeing, we offer a wide range of performance and entertainment, art, a healing haven and divination tent and lots of market and food stalls. For more info on the festival – check the what’s on page. To apply to volunteer find out more below
OPEN 14th Oct 2019
CLOSING 12th Jan 2020
NOTIFICATION Feb 1st 2020
TYPE OPEN CLOSING NOTIFICATION
Volunteers 1st Oct 2019 14th Jan 2020 Successful on application
PLEASE NOTE: You are instantly accepted once you have purchased your ticket. You will be notified to our shift times in February.
There are various areas onsite requiring assistance
- Information Tent: Help answer questions from guests
- Cleaning and Grounds Management: management of ground bins and bathroom tidying.
- Office assistance: assisting in our site office (printing, & general office admin.
- Bathroom crew : restocking toilet paper, ensuring bathrooms are neat & tidy.
- Healing haven :booking in sessions for guests, assisting healers and readers.
- Distribution: get equipment and people to where they need to be.
- Camp site management: Help organise the campgrounds, directing campers & guests
- Runners: can do anything, relieve other roles, admin, errands.
- Catering helping feed our crew
- Set up/Pack up Crew: assist with unpacking and distribution of gear/preparing site grounds and cabins. Starting from 4 days prior to event to 1 day after event.
Volunteer Important Information & FAQ’s
We require volunteers to purchase a $200 Volunteer commitment Ticket to secure their place.
This ticket 100% confirms your commitment to the festival and secures your volunteer position. After the festival the commitment ticket will either be fully or partly refunded upon completion of your volunteer shifts according to your Volunteer type. There are General Volunteers and Set up/Pack up Volunteers
- Set up/Pack up volunteer (18hrs) = will receive a 100% ticket refund ($200)
- General volunteer (12hrs) = will receive a 80% ticket refund ($160)
The remaining amount of your ticket goes towards your festival program, insurance, administration and covers your camping fees onsite. Please follow the link below to apply and buy your ticket.
Your ticket MUST be purchased to compete your volunteer application.
There are 2 levels of volunteering
1. General Volunteer– A total of 12 hours volunteering during the festival from Friday 13th March till Sunday 15th March 2020.
A General volunteer is entitled to a $160 refund after completion of 3 shifts (total 12 hours).
Your volunteer ticket gives you full access to the festival, camping and an option to purchase discounted meals during the festival at the crew catering area.
2. Set up & Pack up Volunteer- Is a greater time commitment of 18 hours, including meals, access to the campgrounds and a FULL refund (excluding booking fee).
Your shifts will occur either during the festival set up Monday 9th March 2020- Thursday 12th March 2020 (prior to the event) and/or pack down period Sunday 15th March 2020- Monday 16th March 2020 (after the event).
Set up & Pack up Volunteers are NOT required to work during the festival.
- Camp site management (Help organize the campgrounds, directing campers & guests)
- Information Tent: Help answer Q’s for guests
- Cleaning and Grounds Management (management of ground bins and bathroom tidying)
- Office assistance: assisting in our site office (printing, & general office admin)
- Bathroom crew (restocking toilet paper, ensuring bathrooms are neat & tidy)
- Healing haven (booking in sessions for guests, assisting healers and readers)
- Distribution (get equipment and people to where they need to be)
- Runners (can do anything, reprieve other roles, admin, errands)
- Catering helping feed our crew
- Set up/Pack up Crew (assist with unpacking and distribution of gear/preparing site grounds and cabins. Starting from 4 days prior to event to 1 day after event)
Want more responsibility or have skills or experience in the following areas?
Decor, Photography, counseling, massage, event management –> please apply on our crew & specialty role application page
Please take your commit seriously–your cancellations create a lot of extra admin work on our end.
- Cancelled before the 12th of January 2020: 100% refund (minus booking fee)
- Cancelled before the 2nd of February 2020: 50% refund (minus booking fee)
- Cancelled after the 7th of February 2020: NO REFUND
- Network & make friends
- Pump up your resume
- Gain skills & experience
- Enjoy the community
- Contribute to something worthwhile.
- Cheap or free ticket
- Enjoy the magic of the Seven Sisters three-day festival
Applications close on the 12th of January 2020.
After that it will still be possible to apply for the waitlist.
If a spot opens up we will contact you.
Any questions- Please email our volunteer manager at email@example.com. Please note our manager only answers email during Oct- Mar.