Welcome to Seven Sisters Festival
SEVEN SISTERS FESTIVAL 2020 WELCOME LETTER
Welcome Amazing Woman,
We can’t wait to have you join us for Seven Sisters Festival 2020. Below is all of the important info to make sure that you have everything you need & that you enjoy the festival to the fullest.
This is YOUR weekend to replenish, soul search, fill your cup, connect and simply enjoy. We suggest you start your festival adventure by settling with a cup of tea and a do not disturb sign on the door and check out the full program. (Pen recommended for workshop planning!) You will receive a full coloured program on arrival.
You don’t need to book anything (except for a treatment at the Healing Haven) so choose your workshops, the music you want to see and the activities you want to do and be free. The best moments at Seven Sisters are often the unplanned ones.
..and for the rest of your questions see all the other practical stuff below:
What to bring?
We recommend that you bring:
- Yoga mat
- Notebook and pen
- Sheets, pillow, sleeping gear, if bunking
- Tent, pillow and sleeping gear, if camping
- Towel and personal toiletries for showers
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen, hat and mosquito repellent
- Cash for food, chai, cakes, market stalls (there is an ATM on site if required)
- Loose clothing for yoga and workshops and warm clothes for the evenings
- An open mind and heart
What’s at the Festival?
Tell us about the basics!
TOILETS & SHOWERS:
- Hot showers (HOT TIP: Shower during the day to avoid the morning peak-hour.)
- Flushing toilets (to reduce excessive water usage & strain on our system- we highly advocate for “if it’s yellow – let it mellow”)
- Additional portaloos throughout the festival
WATER – Water taps (all with clean drinking water) scattered throughout the campgrounds
FIRST AID: 24-hour first aid services
COFFEE: Plenty of coffee vendors for your daily need – and yes this is essential!
ATM: available next to the info tent
NOTE: Due to our strict safety policy and OH&S legislation, and the sheer number of guests we cannot provide cooking or fridge facilities. Do bring an Eskie if needed and purchase ice from the Information tent.
SERVICES AT THE INFO TENT
PHONE CHARGING: Phone charging station available at information tent. Please bring your charger
LOST PROPERTY: Lost property services at information tent
MESSAGE BOARD: Leave a message for your friend to catch up
PROGRAMS: If you lost your free program you can purchase another at the Info tent
CHEAP TICKETS: 200 Discount tickets available for the next event (save $30-100+) these sell out fast. There is no ticketbooth & credit card booking fee if you pay cash.
ICE BAGS – Ice bags for sale for your eskies (must place order at the information tent. Daily collection between 10am-11am)
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
NOURISHMENT – Food Market – A variety of delicious food and beverage vendors (who cater for common dietary restrictions)
SUPORT – Overwhelmed? Triggered? We’ve got you! Free onsite counsellors are available should you feel you need support. Simply head to the first aid tent or speak to a member of staff and we will arrange a quiet space and someone to speak to.
RETREAT SPACES – We have a variety of supportive retreat spaces including a maiden’s lounge, a mums and bubs sanctuary, a goddess walk and a red tent. Read more here.
IMPORTANT – The Seven Sisters Festival site is an area in TOTAL FIRE BAN.
We respectfully ask also that you adhere to the following:
- No fire or flame of any sort. This includes: Smudge sticks, incense, candles, fires, pyrotechnics, firecrackers, sparklers & flares.
- No gas stoves or BBQ’s (these will be checked at the gates & grounds and confiscated until after the event)
- No dogs or pets (guide & support dogs welcome)
- No drugs or alcohol
- No smoking outside designated smoking zone. We have a smoking area next to the lake. Please use sand buckets at the designated smoking zone to bin your cigarette butts.
- Observe the specified gate opening and closing times
- Wear the official festival wristband at all times
- Wear appropriate footwear on the festival site at all times
- No men or other non-paying friends to come onsite to help set up or pack up your gear. (Speak to info tent if you need assistance- we have volunteers to help)
- No Caravans or trailers. Vans and campervans are permitted.
THINGS TO NOTE:
- For all our guests safety we will have friendly site wardens and security patrolling the grounds day and night, who may confiscate gas bottles or any contraband until after the event.
- Please understand we are in a beautiful heavily treed area in summer and we want to reduce risks and keep everyone safe and happy.
How to get there?
BAY PARK – SCOUT CAMP, 60 Hearn Rd, Mount Martha
The Festival Entrance and Exit Gate is 3 kilometers down on Park Rd
This is a dirt track road, which can be entered from Hearn Rd but please ensure you travel slowly.
You will enter through either the Dragon Gates as a guest or the Flamingo Gates as a volunteer or festival contributor
ARRIVING BY CAR?
Bay Park- 60 Hearn Rd, Mt Martha, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
The festival entrance is off Park Road: https://goo.gl/maps/nhtxWU9nX7RWt65y9
Approximately 70Km from Melbourne and 10 Km from Mornington,
BayPark is easily reached via Nepean Highway or East link and Peninsular Link.
Melways Ref: 150 H7
ADDRESS: BAY PARK 60 Hearn Road, Mount Martha, 3934
ARRIVING FROM NEPEAN HWY
Turn into Hopetown rd
Then immediately turn left into Forest drive continue for 4kms
Turn right at Hearn rd
Turn left at Park Rd
ARRIVING FROM THE BEACH ESPLANADE
Turn onto Hearn Rd
Left at Park Rd
PLEASE NOTE: there is a $30 car levy to bring your car onto the festival site.
Car levies are limited and car pooling is highly recommended.
Seven Sisters Festival aims to reduce the environmental impact and damage to our beautiful site and we would appreciate your support. Plus someone’s gotta join in car karaoke with you right?
If you can offer a ride, or if you are looking for one, please post on our car-pooling page.
ARRIVING FROM THE AIRPORT?
OPTION 1: An Uber direct from airport to the site will cost $180-$230 one way and will take 1 hr 10 – 1 hr 20 mins
OPTION 2: Airport SkyBus Shuttle ( $39-47 one way). The SkyBus is a cost-effective and reliable service that runs buses from Melbourne Airport to Frankston and also Mornington.
Frankston to the festival is 20mins by taxi or uber. (Uber from Frankston station to festival site is around ( $35-$40)
Mornington to the festival is 10mins by taxi or uber
OPTION 3: Click here for the Facebook carpooling group and try secure a ride with someone coming that way?
ARRIVAL AT THE GATE AND TICKETS
GATES OPEN FOR
- 3 night ticket-holders: Gates open at 2:30pm, Thursday 12th March
- 2 night ticket-holders: Gates open 7.30am, Friday 13 March
THE PARTY IS OVER
- For everyone at 5:30pm on the Sunday 15 March
- All guests MUST exit the site by 8pm
WHEN ARRIVING WITH TICKETS
- Please bring a printout of your ticket or have it ready to scan off your smartphone
- It is the scan code on the ticket which is important not the ticket name
- Ensure you have a $30 car levy for your car (these have to be pre-booked)
- You will be greeted at the gate with a smile and given a festival program on arrival (included in your ticket price), a vehicle pass, rubbish bags and a festival wristband
ENTRY & EXIT GATE TIMES
THURSDAY: Early Bird access from 2:30pm – 10:00pm (exit gate closes at 10:00pm).
FRIDAY: Entry – 7:30am – 8:00pm (exit gate closes at 12:00am)
SATURDAY: Entry – 7:30am – 2pm (exit gate closes at 12:00am)
SUNDAY: Entry- 7:30am – 12pm (exit gate closes at 7:30pm)
3 GATES - ENTER THE RIGHT ONE!
DRAGON GATE: General guests enter through the Dragon gate- the 2nd gate 1.5k down park rd
FLAMINGO GATE: Staff, artists, volunteers and festival contributors enter through the first gate- Flamingo gate on park rd
SERVICE ENTRY GATE: Hearn Rd- Entrance for glamping guests, market stall holders & emergency service vehicles.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
LOST TICKET/ TICKET ISSUES OR QUESTIONS?
Camping & Parking
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Firstly make sure you arrive in the right vehicle with a $30 vehicle pass.
- Vehicle passes must be pre-purchased on our ticket page.
- NO CARAVANS/TRAILERS/ CLASS A & C MOTORHOMES allowed due to safety reasons.
- Vans, campervans & small Class B motorhomes are permitted
- DAY PARKING – Near Dragon gate entrance
- CAMPING & PARKING: Car parking and camping separate but close by. You may need to carry your gear 5-50meters
- Guests are welcome to sleep in their cars.
- You can set your tent up anywhere within the designated campgrounds as there are no size limits – first in, first served
- Your car levy acts as your car pass and you are able to enter and exit as you choose within gate times listed
FOR CABIN GUESTS
Please use the map to park in cabin parking and make your way to specific cabins. There will be a name list on the cabin door. Any concerns please contact the information tent.
Glamping Guests- Park in glamping parking and walk to Sign in Tent.
You will be greeting by staff and shown your tent. Please take care of your valuables, there are no locks available for cabins or tents so please carry your personal items with you or lock them in your car.
FOR GLAMPING GUESTS
Please enter via the Service Entry on Hearn Rd, you will be directed where to park you car.
Then go to the Glamping guest sign in tent to be signed in and shown your tent and offered a trolley if needed to move your bags if needed.
GLAMPING LOUNGE: Is open at all hours for glamping guests and will be providing breakfast between 7:30- 9am. Herbal Tea and hot chocolate facilities will be available throughout the day.
For any onsite issues, please head to the Glamping lounge or the Glamping guest sign in tent.
Updated Map & Program to be released OCT
Maps will be given to you on arrival (last page of your program). Please note our Map of the Festival grounds/ traffic flow and the map of our Festival centre.
A larger, updated map will be provided online 1 month before the event.
You will be given a multipage coloured program on arrival detailing all the workshop , presenter and performer descriptions, important safety information, maps, timetables and more.
You don’t have to wait until you arrive to start planning, you can start organising your Seven Sisters adventure now by exploring our website and reviewing content which will be continually updated until the week of the event.
Due to requests and complaints by women who can’t get tickets to Seven Sisters and also for those who can but can’t see all the amazing workshops and talks they want too- we have decided to professionally film 25-30 featured talks so you don’t miss out!
We are curating an exciting online festival which will be released later in 2019 and will enable you to enjoy more of Seven Sisters goodness throughout the year, as well as get discounts to upcoming workshops and next years festival. Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to hear about the online festival. Sign up at the bottom of any page.
Our Seven Sisters team awaits you with open arms and hearts and we ask you to join us in setting your intentions to create a warm, welcoming and transformative weekend for all.
We look forward to seeing you all very soon!
LOVE THE FESTIVAL?
Get a Discount Ticket
We like to reward those women who come to the event year after year
– so we offer special onsite prices to those who attend.
These are the cheapest possible tickets you can get and can save you $30-100.
Tickets $120 Maiden/ $260 Full Fee
– Only 200 Tickets available.
Make sure you secure yours at the Information Tent
DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED