Welcome to Seven Sisters Festival
Welcome Letter 2019
Dear Wondrous Woman,
We are delighted to have you join us for Seven Sisters Festival 2019.We have prepared some basic information below to ensure you come prepared and have the best possible stay.
Remember, this is your weekend and you get to design it according to your needs and desires. There are no compulsory activities and no bookings for workshops or concerts; simply turn up at the allocated time to attend the activity of your desire. You can read more about our offerings in the program link listed below.
Now for some practicalities.
Throughout the festival grounds you will find:
- Established Toilet blocks with
- Hot showers ( best to shower during the day to lessen morning ques)
- Flushing toilets
- Water taps (all with clean drinking water) scattered throughout the campgrounds
- Additional Portaloos
- ATM facilities
- Numerous coffee vendors
- Free Phone charging station at Information tent
- Lost property services at information tent
- 24-hour first aid services
- Ice bags for sale for your Eskies (must place order at the information tent for collection between 10am-11am)
- Food Market -A variety of delicious food and beverage vendors (who cater for common dietary restrictions)
- Support, information and counselling services at the Information Tent and Healing Haven Village
- A variety of retreat spaces including a maiden’s lounge, a mums & bubs sanctuary and a red tent – read more on the website
WHAT WE CAN NOT PROVIDE
Due to our strict safety policy and OH&S legislation, and the sheer number of guests we cannot provide cooking or fridge facilities.
We have a complete fire ban this year, so we ask for your caution
We respectfully ask also that you adhere to the following:
- No Smudge sticks, candles, fires, pyrotechnics, firecrackers, sparklers or flares
- No gas stoves or BBQ’s
- No dogs or pets (guide dogs are an exception)
- No drugs or alcohol
- No smoking near the workshop or food areas. Please pick up & bin your cigarette butts.
- Observe the specified Gate opening and closing times, entrance gates close at 10pm. Exit at 11:30pm.
- Wear the official festival wristband at all times
- Wear appropriate footwear on the festival site at all times
- No men or other non-paying friends to come onsite to help set up or pack up your gear. (Speak to info tent if you need assistance- we have volunteers to help)
- No Caravans or trailers
WHAT TO BRING
We recommend that you bring:
- Yoga mat
- Notebook and pen
- Sheets, pillow, sleeping gear, if bunking
- Tent, pillow and sleeping gear, if camping
- Towel and personal toiletries for showers
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen, hat and mosquito repellent
- Cash for food, chai, cakes, market stalls (there is an ATM on site if required)
- Loose clothing for yoga and workshops and warm clothes for the evenings
- An open mind and heart
DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
BAY PARK – SCOUT CAMP, 60 Hearn Rd, Mount Martha
The Festival Entrance and Exit Gate is 3 kilometers down on Park Rd – this is a dirt track road, which can be entered from Hearn Rd but please ensure you travel slowly.
ARRIVING FROM NEPEAN HWY
Turn into Hopetown rd
Then immediately turn left into Forest drive continue for 4 kilometers
Turn right at Hearn rd
Turn left at Park Rd
ARRIVING FROM THE BEACH ESPLANADE
Turn onto Hearn Rd
Left at Park Rd
IMPORTANT TRAFFIC CONSIDERATIONS
- Onsite there is a one-way stream of traffic flow only
- If you can offer a ride, or if you are looking for one, please post on our car-pooling page http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/226113527486747/
- Gates open at 7:30am on Friday 1st of March
- The festival ends at 5:15pm on the Sunday 3rd March, all guests MUST exit the site by 8pm.
- Please bring a printout of your ticket or have it ready to scan off your smart phone
- It is the scan code on the ticket which is important not the ticket name
- You will be given a festival program on arrival (included in your ticket price)
ENTRY & EXIT GATES
THURSDAY: Early settlers access from 4pm – 10pm ( exit gate closes at 10pm).
FRIDAY: Entry – 7:30am – 10pm ( exit gate closes at 11:00)
SATURDAY: Entry – 7:30am – 8pm ( exit gate closes at 11:00)
SUNDAY: Entry- 7:30am – 2pm ( exit gate closes at 8pm)
2 ENTRANCE GATES:
General guests enter through the Dragon gate and festival contributors enter through the flamingo gate.
CAMPING AND PARKING
BAY PARK, 60 Hearn Rd, Mount Martha
- NO CARAVANS/TRAILERS/ CLASS A & C MOTORHOMES
- Vans, campervans & small Class B motorhomes permitted
- DAY PARKING – Near main gate entrance
- Guests are welcome to camp next to their cars and or sleep in their cars
- You can set your tent up anywhere within the designated campgrounds as there are no size limits – first in, first served
- Those guests who are staying in cabins or glamping tents are required to park in the designated areas and can carry their bags to their tents/cabins as there are no cars allowed within the festival perimeter this year so we cannot allow drop offs
- Car Levy – There is a one-off $15 car levy for the 4 days to encourage carpooling, reduce environmental impact and reduce the number of cars in the camping grounds so please do your best to carpool.
- Your car levy acts as your car pass and you are able to enter and exit as you choose within gate times listed
There will be a name list on the cabin door and a labeled site map at the Glamping Village, in addition to helpful volunteers to direct you to your room or tent. Please take care of your valuables, there are no locks available for cabins or tents so please carry your personal items with you or lock them in your car.
Any concerns please contact the information tent.
All cabins are equipped with power points however guests must bring pillows, sheets and blankets.
Maps will be given to you on arrival. Please note our Map of the Festival grounds/ traffic flow and the map of our Festival centre. (See below)
You will be given a basic program on arrival, but you can start planning your Seven Sisters Adventure now by viewing the website
Our Seven Sisters team awaits you with open arms and hearts and we ask you to join us in setting your intentions to create a warm, welcoming and transformative weekend for all.
We look forward to seeing you all very soon!
The Seven Sisters Team
LOVE THE FESTIVAL?
Get a discount ticket to Seven Sisters 2020
We like to reward those women who come to the event, year after year – so we offer special onsite prices to those who attend. These are the cheapest possible tickets you can get and can save you $30-100.
Tickets $110 Maiden/ $229 Full Fee – Only 200 Tickets available.
Make sure you secure yours at the Information Tent
JOIN US NEXT MARCH 6th- 8th 2020
World's Largest Womens only Festival
years running annual event
Workshops, health talks and presentations
Seven Sisters Festival
We aspire to change the world, one woman at a time.
Seven Sisters Festival envisions a future where every woman has the inspiration, support, and resources to awaken her full potential. We believe women and girls are the world’s greatest untapped resource. We believe that by empowering women with tools and inspiration to cultivate greater confidence, courage, and self-awareness is the fastest way possible to create global change.
Make time for yourself –honour your journey as a woman and an individual.